Thursday, April 12, 2012

Summer Hunt

I wake up early morning, as the alarm clock sings a song,

I want to hear d birds chirp, all I hear is the vehicles honk,

I hope to entertain myself with games, but kids there are no one,

I want to run around and hide behind trees,

But all I see are tall buildings, and securities trying to shun,

And then I wait to eat those mangoes from the man who pulls his cart n sells,

Eat those milky ice creams from the boy who rings the cycle bells,

I draw the boxes for hopscotch, but find no one else to play,

A joke I have that I must share, but I see no frnds to whom I can say,

My mother calls out for me, to have my lunch,

I feel so empty and defeated, I can do with a punch,

May be their resting, they'll come now, I say to myself,

Happily I eat and play board games wit mum, laughing n cuddling,

More stories to tell,

She puts me to sleep and watches TV, I stay unaware of what's happening where,

I wake up again, all dressed up I go,

Out to the ground, that I can find no where,

It was there just then, it vanished, but when,

Its not magic, its such a tragic,

I wonder if summer's ever here again?

3 comments:

joys of life said...

Hey shruthi..:)

very nice post...very well written..do write more often..

hugs,
prakruthi

Unknown said...

Hi prakruthi,

Glad you like it :)
Thanks a lot :)

Anonymous said...

wer did u learn to write all these.. I guess iv to sit with u n learn