Thursday, March 6, 2014

Back from the dead - A desi twist ;)


"Nope, can’t do. Your stay here has been more than required. You have to return to your place." What on heaven was this guy talking about?

I had just gotten back with mom and now the guy wants me to get off his land or cloud or whatever this was. And just like that, I was back in my living room. Only, to find that my family no more lived there and a scream from the new occupants that I could hear until the stairway of the apartment. Thank god for the hood on my jacket.

I now walked on the streets where I had spent a few years of my last breathing days on earth. Now where on earth were my family? If only, the guy had enough sense to fill in my pockets with some cash and a mobile phone to contact all of them before dropping me from heaven.

A thirty minute walk landed me in front of my granny’s house. Was she shocked? Yep, that was definitely her dentures that fell crashing on the floor. Wait, there was more! They screamed, fainted, touched and groped me literally, even slapped me, just to be sure and in no time, I had an audience in front of their front door.

Word spread like forest fire and in no time, even before, I could contact my dad, sister and brother in law, I was answering the weirdest set of questions in front of a lot of cameras and channel mic’s.

It took a few doctors, experts in the field of the after death, page 3 celebs and religious missionaries to rip my brain into pieces and get their bit of fame via the various channels that ran my story nonstop from morning to night and a few newspapers until the end of the week, before I could lay eyes on my family.

Lol!

They hugged me and kissed me and before anyone realised, whisked me off from there to my home sweet home J

They knew better than asking me questions of any sorts. I guess the channels had covered up all the angles and I had fried my brains until it was charred. A sumptuous meal, and occasional hugs and most importantly a few daily chores, was all that was required to make me feel alive and to be back from the dead!  

 

3 comments:

RioZee said...

Really a humorous take. Not wanting to come back.

Unknown said...

Nice one Shruthi.
It reminds me of national television debates where the nation demands an answer asks Arnab Goswami about returning back to this world! True Desi style.

Unknown said...

Lol!! I actually bought it :P