Thursday, August 8, 2013

Childhood sweethearts’ - "Love at first Sight"

 
 
 
A great person once said, “It was love at first sight”. I always wonder who that person was!
When was the last time you felt that?
Mine started when I was in the 2nd standard. Too early you might say, but that’s how you feel when you fall in love. It was definitely love at first sight. His name let’s say was Sharad, a newly joined dentist at the clinic that I was a regular to. He was tall, fair, curly haired, oval face and so sweet. No boy had ever been so sweet to me and definitely had paid so much attention.
It was like an “event”, going to the dentist. It meant that I will be meeting him today and boy was I already blushing. He was a sweetheart. Always so happy to see me amidst the so many patients sitting in the clinic. He knew exactly the right things to say to me (like open your mouth, do aaaa and eeee: D don’t get pervy here. He’s a dentist remember?) But whatever, let’s not spoil the mood now shall we ;)
He made sure I did everything he wanted me to. And I would smile and giggle and show a few pranks. He laughed and carried me around for a while. (Don’t really remember this part, but what the hell! It’s all about love, making you go blind and not remembering too many things right? :P)
Anyways, like me, I’m sure you too have had someone in your life. Very special and dear. Good feelings, some sort of feelings, weird feelings etc. but something that made you realise that there’s some hormone that makes you feel that way in your body. It makes you dreamy, feel awesome and dance on the roof, in the rain.
I fell in love with a dentist. I don’t think I knew the meaning of the word Love, then, but sure was a great feeling. Made me feel special and it felt good. For once someone liked me just the way I was. Nothing to change and nothing to be hidden. I mean, a dental clinic, he would see my cavities, the worst thing really, I should hide myself under the bed and never come out. But nope, I didn’t even feel that way. So blind I was. Goodness, what a love it was!
One fine day, I had gone to the clinic with my mum. She had an appointment with another doctor. There I was, sitting in a small chair, next to the one mum was getting treated on. A curtain that hid the view from other patients. I heard his voice on the other side of the curtain and hearing his voice, made my senses so happy. It was like, there was a symphony in my head. I just wanted to jump out from behind the curtains and tell him, ‘hey, I’m here’ J
He was talking pretty loud to another patient. The patient giggled. The patient was some girl, of the same age he was or at least as tall as he was. I was in 2nd standard. How tall could I be? L
The girl was on fire, you see, he was cracking a lot of jokes and using most of the dialogues that he had used on me. Damn you DOCTOR! The girl could not stop laughing. What a stupid girl, making noise in the clinic, when other patients are in so much pain ;)
‘I thought we had something special. I thought I was your special girl’, such thoughts ran in my head. My heart crushed alright. It crushed real bad. Bad enough that the pain caused me to shed a tear. Silently of course. And that was my first heart break as well. I didn’t jump out from the curtain. He did see me later with my mum and gave me a smile, but it was too hurting to return it back. Way too embarrassed, I just hid behind mum’s saree and walked out with her. Never thought of him I guess. Or don’t they say, that after a trauma, the patient tends to forget a few details. I guess that’s what happened with me. It’s all blurry and I’m glad about that. The End.
I did realise that he is a doctor and he’s meant to be nice to all of his patients. There was nothing special about me or in me, except of course, cavities. It got better from then on. I had sort of grown that day. I definitely realised that everyone was playing their part and definitely stopped making a fool of myself. I wish I could say, that I stopped finding love, but then that would be so wrong ;)
I did see him after almost ten years, still working in the clinic. Turns out he had returned after a vacation. He had a moustache. All I could think of was, wow! Did I really fall for that guy: P I wanted to talk to him, but he seemed busy and I had an appointment with a different doctor. Was wondering how this new doctor would be, I had to get a root canal, and it’s painful. But god had answered my prayers, he had sent the most handsome doctor, ever, to do it. BLUSH!!!
PS: the new term coined for this is “crush” but I’d rather maintain the saying, “it’s the thought that counts” :D
Well, that’s my story of “love at first sight”. Sure would like to hear one from you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was deeply involved in the story.. supper!!!